CHALLENGING TRANSGENDERISM FROM A FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE
THE LAST SEVEN DAYS
- Mother is no longer gender-specific term, government lawyers say Telegraph 14.02.19
- Transgender man who became pregnant after IVF battles government for his child to be declared motherless on its birth certificate in landmark legal case Mail 13.01.19
- Censored for trying to discuss censorship Spiked online 12.02.19
- Government funding ‘biased to trans activists’ The Times 11.02.19
- Women’s campaign group calls for ‘urgent’ investigation into gender neutral toilets at Tayside schools The Courier 12.02.19
- UK police investigate transgender pronoun complaints, raising free speech concerns Caroline Farrow 11.02.19
- Terror Tactics Triumph, Silence Freedom of Speech at Bristol University Conatus News 10.02.19
- Press release: Meghan Murphy is fighting back against silencing and censorship in the gender identity debate10.02.19 Read more about Meghan on this page.
- ‘Trans row’ student banned from free speech debate BBC 11.02.19
- Prisons to get ‘transgender wings’ after complaints from female inmates Metro 10.02.19
- Suicide fears from Scottish Council on Human Bioethics over changing gender The Sunday Times 10.02.19
- Fifty trans people tell therapist of regrets The Sunday Times 10.02.19
LINKS TO LATEST FEATURES, BLOGS OR VIDEOS
- It’s Complicated: Docs Say Gender-Questioning Kids Need Better Science Medscape 15.02.19
- Is it possible to change sex? Holly Lawford-Smith 14.02.19
- Removed speaker Angelos Sofocleous secretly rejoins free speech panel Epigram 13.02.19
“Smash Sh*t Up, It Works” – Lib Dem and Stonewall Advisor Sarah Brown Conatus News 14.02.19
- Julie Bindel: To say a child has no mother is to deny biological reality Telegraph 14.02.19
- A Transgender Hero Breaks Ranks PJMedia 13.02.19
- This transgender mass delusion will end when enough people simply refuse to play along 12.02.19
- Trans orthodoxy is poisoning politics Jo Bartosch 12.02.19
- Why we transsexuals are leaving the Stonewall umbrella Seven Hex 12.02.19
- What happened when I was banned from a free speech debate on campus Angelos Sofocleous 11.02.19
- Hormones, surgery, regret: I was a transgender woman for 8 years — time I can’t get back Walt Heyer 11.02.19
- No wonder feminists have had enough of Jeremy Corbyn and his fellow ‘Brocialists’ Julie Burchill 10.02.19
Police officers are afraid to speak out
I don’t know the source of this or where it was originally posted. I spotted it on Twitter and it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It sounds exactly the same as what’s happening in the Prison Service.
Cambridge student stages silent protest
This is Jay Man, a student at Cambridge University, who has been dressing as a handmaid and staging silent protests in Cambridge. Follow Jay on Twitter.
Women have been standing up for women all over the UK!
Statues dressed in ‘transphobic’ T-shirts The Times 29.01.19
To resist gender-transitioning of kids, be willing to lose friends, activists say Christian Post 29.01.19
Feminist campaign group uses statues to fight “hyper political correctness” South Wales Argus 28.01.19
This is why a radical feminist group campaigned in Leeds city centre today Leeds Live 27.01.19
See more pics from different places here: A Woman’s Place is in The ReSisters
Free Speech Matters
By James Caspian
Dispute over ‘detransition’ study heads for High Court The Times 07.02.19
What do London’s National Gallery, Royal Opera House and BBC buildings have in common?
Find out here: There’s only one Posie Parker!
What’s this site about?
Like all decent people, I care about human suffering. I want to be compassionate, I want to challenge prejudice and fight discrimination against others, especially on grounds that they can’t help. That includes having gender dysphoria or other medical conditions that might lead one to reject the gender roles and expectations associated with their biological sex. People can’t help how they feel and if they are so unhappy with their body and their lives that they feel they have to have surgery and/or take hormones for the rest of their lives, I’m not going to judge them for that. On the contrary, I try to empathise and show love and support to those I know personally who are in that position.
But when such people lack the empathy to understand why a woman who’s been abused by a man doesn’t want to share a room in woman’s shelter or shower communally in a prison with somebody who has a penis, when they express classic sadistic male sexual fantasies to try to belittle and humiliate women, when they resort to bullying and violence to try to intimidate women who disagree with them – as they did with me at Speakers Corner – that’s when I start fighting back and this website I am creating is part of my personal fightback as well as a way of channeling my anger over what happened to me. For those who don’t understand the name of this website, ‘peak trans’ – a term originally coined by a radical feminist named Jane Crafts – is the moment when you realise that much of your sympathy and support for transgenderism has evaporated.
Mine came early in 2017. At that time I had bookmarked under the trans topic maybe twenty articles, comments and videos that had made some kind of impression on me. Now I have collected a few hundred more and they are getting unwieldy, so I decided to put the ones I found most interesting on a website as a resource for others.
On many pages, I have included some of my own thoughts, which reflect where my head is at now and which I will update as my ideas evolve and change or become consolidated.
Where I’m at now is that, in spite what many transgendered people seem to think about those of us who challenge their ideas, I categorically believe that transgendered people matter as much as everyone else and are entitled to the same human rights. I do not accept that those who “identify” as women are the same as those of us born female and should have free access to all sex-segregated spaces and sports. The same goes for those women who identify as men.
I completely reject the claim that those men who have raped or been violent in any other way towards women and those who joke about, promote or applaud violence against us for any reason are themselves women. That is what it’s all about as far as I am concerned. If it wasn’t for the hatred towards women standing up to trans ideology that I see displayed every day on social media, I wouldn’t see the trans agenda as dangerous and I wouldn’t be devoting any time at all to fighting it.
I have read many blogs and articles by transgender activists and have found the majority to be poorly argued and unpersuasive. I’ve also read several books including Excluded by Julia Serano and Transgendered Voices by Lori B. Gerschick. Let nobody accuse me of not trying to understand.
A major headache I’ve had in writing for this website has been about language and choice of words. I don’t want to offend anyone, except for the violent males who claim to be women and the women who shield them, all of whom I hold in contempt. But I can’t please all the people whose feelings I care about. For this reason, I have decided to do what feels most comfortable to me and mostly use male-born/female-born trans or MtT and FtT (male to trans and female to trans) for those who usually describe themselves as ‘trans women’ and ‘trans men’ respectively. There is a glossary in the menu bar above.
Also, I sometimes refer to those trans people plus allies who are basically Men’s Rights Activists and enemies of women and progress and who behave in a cultish manner as the ‘trans cult’ or ‘trans cultists’, which are terms I have learned from certain trans folk I am happy and privileged to count as friends.
There is much more in the pipeline to add to this site and it will continue to be a work in progress for the foreseeable future. But I’ve decided it to launch it now as 2017 – which I will always think of as my year of peak trans – comes to a close.
Maria MacLachlan 27th December 2017