CHALLENGING TRANSGENDERISM FROM A FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE
THE LAST SEVEN DAYS
- Transgender activist who sued beauty salons for refusing to wax her male genitals now says a gynecologist refused to see her Mail 03.12.19
- UK refusal to issue gender-neutral passports unlawful, appeal court told Guardian 03.12.19
- Scottish schools transgender event cancelled amid fears for speakers’ safety The Scotsman 02.12.19
- Single-sex schools changing admissions to allow transgender pupils to head off legal threats Independent 01.12.19
- Schools told all lessons for five-year-olds should include gay and trans themes The Sunday Times 01.12.19
- Only third of Scots back gender change at 16 The Sunday Times 01.12.19
- Women hospital patients who complain about having a biological male in the next bed ‘risk being kicked off wards under new NHS transgender guidelines’ Mail 01.12.19
- New legislation to make it easier for teenagers to change gender Irish Times 30.11.19
- Half of jails have at least one transgender prisoner, Government figures show Telegraph 28.11.19
- 26k women begging for funds at gofundme to become transgender The European Union Times 28.11.19
- Transgender paedophile sues NHS for refusing reassignment surgery while he serves prison sentence Telegraph 28.11.19
- Male Transjacking Will Ultimately End Women’s Sports Kaeley Triller Haver 04.12.19
- A Tyrannical Minority and Silent Majority Madeleine Kearns 04.12.19
- No, passports should not have a third gender option Spiked Online 04.12.19
- Jo Swinson’s feminist credentials are a joke Sarah Ditum 03.12.19
- Study of “gender dysphoria” in the brain has long missed one possible cause Inverse.com 02.12.19
- The document that reveals the remarkable tactics of trans lobbyists James Kirkup 02.12.19
- Transgender Children: ‘The concept of being born in the wrong body is troubling’ Interview with Stella O’Malley Irish Independent 01.12.19
- Flushing Female Loo Provision Down The Bog Emily Garcia Resisters United 30.11.19
- The Emperor Has No Clothes and You Should Mention It Graham Linehan 01.12.19
- Women are rising and will not be silenced Morning Star 29.11.19
- Trans killers, baby rapists terrifying female inmates Toronto Sun 29.11.19
- “It’s basic rights we are defending”: the Meghan Murphy interview Redline 28.11.19
- Where Each Party Stands on Self-ID and Women’s Rights Uncommon Ground 28.11.19
UK Politics: Did a paedophile influence children’s policies?
The Posie Parker interview that activists tried to suppress
Read all about it: YouTube Censored My Interview With Posie Parker Konstantin Kisin
American Civil Liberties Union marks International Men’s Day with a daft tweet.
There were many great responses but this was my favourite.
Please support this action against the Tavistock
You can pledge your donation here: Legal case to protect children from experimental medical treatment by Susan Evans
Mother sues Tavistock child gender clinic over treatments The Times 12.10.19
My daughter can’t understand the risk, says mother The Times 12.10.19
Therapist raised alert at troubling practices at Tavistock clinic The Times 12.10.19
Selina Soule was forced to compete against boys in HS track. Join her in taking a stand.
Petition: Suspend the International Olympic Committee’s transgender policy
“The IOC require only that a transwoman has maintained a particular level of testosterone for 12 months in order to compete as a ‘self-identifying’ woman. This completely ignores the physical advantages in speed, height, stamina and strength that a male-born athlete will have.”
Please sign the petition here.
What’s this site about?
Like all decent people, I care about human suffering. I want to be compassionate, I want to challenge prejudice and fight discrimination against others, especially on grounds that they can’t help. That includes having gender dysphoria or other medical conditions that might lead one to reject the gender roles and expectations associated with their biological sex. People can’t help how they feel and if they are so unhappy with their body and their lives that they feel they have to have surgery and/or take hormones for the rest of their lives, I’m not going to judge them for that. On the contrary, I try to empathise and show love and support to those I know personally who are in that position.
But when such people lack the empathy to understand why a woman who’s been abused by a man doesn’t want to share a room in woman’s shelter or shower communally in a prison with somebody who has a penis, when they express classic sadistic male sexual fantasies to try to belittle and humiliate women, when they resort to bullying and violence to try to intimidate women who disagree with them – as they did with me at Speakers Corner – that’s when I start fighting back and this website I am creating is part of my personal fightback as well as a way of channelling my anger over what happened to me. For those who don’t understand the name of this website, ‘peak trans’ – a term originally coined by a radical feminist named Jane Crafts – is the moment when you realise that much of your sympathy and support for transgenderism has evaporated.
Mine came early in 2017. At that time I had bookmarked under the trans topic maybe twenty articles, comments and videos that had made some kind of impression on me. Now I have collected a few hundred more and they are getting unwieldy, so I decided to put the ones I found most interesting on a website as a resource for others.
On many pages, I have included some of my own thoughts, which reflect where my head is at now and which I will update as my ideas evolve and change or become consolidated.
Where I’m at now is that, in spite what many transgendered people seem to think about those of us who challenge their ideas, I categorically believe that transgendered people matter as much as everyone else and are entitled to the same human rights. I do not accept that those who “identify” as women are the same as those of us born female and should have free access to all sex-segregated spaces and sports. The same goes for those women who identify as men.
I completely reject the claim that those men who have raped or been violent in any other way towards women and those who joke about, promote or applaud violence against us for any reason are themselves women. That is what it’s all about as far as I am concerned. If it wasn’t for the hatred towards women standing up to trans ideology that I see displayed every day on social media, I wouldn’t see the trans agenda as dangerous and I wouldn’t be devoting any time at all to fighting it.
I have read many blogs and articles by transgender activists and have found the majority to be poorly argued and unpersuasive. I’ve also read several books including Excluded by Julia Serano and Transgendered Voices by Lori B. Gerschick. Let nobody accuse me of not trying to understand.
A major headache I’ve had in writing for this website has been about language and choice of words. I don’t want to offend anyone, except for the violent males who claim to be women and the women who shield them, all of whom I hold in contempt. But I can’t please all the people whose feelings I care about. For this reason, I have decided to do what feels most comfortable to me and mostly use male-born/female-born trans or MtT and FtT (male to trans and female to trans) for those who usually describe themselves as ‘trans women’ and ‘trans men’ respectively. There is a glossary in the menu bar above.
Also, I sometimes refer to those trans people plus allies who are basically Men’s Rights Activists and enemies of women and progress and who behave in a cultish manner as the ‘trans cult’ or ‘trans cultists’, which are terms I have learned from certain trans folk I am happy and privileged to count as friends.
There is much more in the pipeline to add to this site and it will continue to be a work in progress for the foreseeable future. But I’ve decided it to launch it now as 2017 – which I will always think of as my year of peak trans – comes to a close.
Maria MacLachlan 27th December 2017