CHALLENGING TRANSGENDERISM FROM A FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE
THE LAST SEVEN DAYS
- Jessica Yaniv loses cases against women who wouldn’t “wax her balls” The Post Millennial 22.10.19
- Transgender lobby forces sanitary towel-maker Always to ditch Venus logo from its products Mail 20.10.19
- Police forces let rapists record their gender as female The Sunday Times 20.10.19
- Transgender cyclist Rachel McKinnon sprints away with 200m gold medal The Sunday Times 20.10.19
- Model, 25, who became Britain’s youngest transgender person at 15 claims she’s a victim of transphobia after pornographer refused to have sex with her because she has a penis Mail 18.10.19
- ‘I’m not going to reconsider’: Toronto’s top librarian refuses to bar speaker critical of transgender rights CBC.Ca 18.10.19
- Northern Ireland: School transgender support guidelines published BBC 17.10.19
- Authors warn they’ll boycott Toronto Public Library over speaker accused of being anti-transgender The Star 16.10.19
- By caving in to trans activists, Always have eliminated women Julie Bindel Telegraph 21.10.19
- This is the moment we reached peak gender insanity Celia Walden Telegraph 21.10.19
- Why I invited Meghan Murphy to speak in New Zealand Ani O’Brien 20.10.19
- Aggressive protests like that in Brighton mean the real causes of transphobia go unaddressed Debbie Hayton 18.10.19
Mumsnet and the great margarine boycott Financial Times 18.10.19
- Let’s face it, women suck at sports Libby Emmons 19.10.19
- Writers opposing free expression is a new low for Canadian ‘progressives’ Spectator USA 18.10.19
- Hillary Clinton is Right — We Do Need to be Sensitive To Women’s Concerns M K Fain 16.10.19
- Happy International Pronoun Day 2019 Maria MacLachlan 16.10.19
- Meet the top cop who wants to police your pronouns James Kirkup 16.10.19
- The Rachel Stewart column the NZ Herald were too scared to print Speak Up for Women NZ 16.10.19
- Massey University cancels controversial Feminism 2020 event due to ‘health, safety and wellbeing’ concerns Jessica Long 16.10.19
Please support this action against the Tavistock
Mother sues Tavistock child gender clinic over treatments The Times 12.10.19
My daughter can’t understand the risk, says mother The Times 12.10.19
Therapist raised alert at troubling practices at Tavistock clinic The Times 12.10.19
Selina Soule was forced to compete against boys in HS track. Join her in taking a stand.
Petition: Suspend the International Olympic Committee’s transgender policy
“The IOC require only that a transwoman has maintained a particular level of testosterone for 12 months in order to compete as a ‘self-identifying’ woman. This completely ignores the physical advantages in speed, height, stamina and strength that a male-born athlete will have.”
Please sign the petition here.
What’s this site about?
Like all decent people, I care about human suffering. I want to be compassionate, I want to challenge prejudice and fight discrimination against others, especially on grounds that they can’t help. That includes having gender dysphoria or other medical conditions that might lead one to reject the gender roles and expectations associated with their biological sex. People can’t help how they feel and if they are so unhappy with their body and their lives that they feel they have to have surgery and/or take hormones for the rest of their lives, I’m not going to judge them for that. On the contrary, I try to empathise and show love and support to those I know personally who are in that position.
But when such people lack the empathy to understand why a woman who’s been abused by a man doesn’t want to share a room in woman’s shelter or shower communally in a prison with somebody who has a penis, when they express classic sadistic male sexual fantasies to try to belittle and humiliate women, when they resort to bullying and violence to try to intimidate women who disagree with them – as they did with me at Speakers Corner – that’s when I start fighting back and this website I am creating is part of my personal fightback as well as a way of channeling my anger over what happened to me. For those who don’t understand the name of this website, ‘peak trans’ – a term originally coined by a radical feminist named Jane Crafts – is the moment when you realise that much of your sympathy and support for transgenderism has evaporated.
Mine came early in 2017. At that time I had bookmarked under the trans topic maybe twenty articles, comments and videos that had made some kind of impression on me. Now I have collected a few hundred more and they are getting unwieldy, so I decided to put the ones I found most interesting on a website as a resource for others.
On many pages, I have included some of my own thoughts, which reflect where my head is at now and which I will update as my ideas evolve and change or become consolidated.
Where I’m at now is that, in spite what many transgendered people seem to think about those of us who challenge their ideas, I categorically believe that transgendered people matter as much as everyone else and are entitled to the same human rights. I do not accept that those who “identify” as women are the same as those of us born female and should have free access to all sex-segregated spaces and sports. The same goes for those women who identify as men.
I completely reject the claim that those men who have raped or been violent in any other way towards women and those who joke about, promote or applaud violence against us for any reason are themselves women. That is what it’s all about as far as I am concerned. If it wasn’t for the hatred towards women standing up to trans ideology that I see displayed every day on social media, I wouldn’t see the trans agenda as dangerous and I wouldn’t be devoting any time at all to fighting it.
I have read many blogs and articles by transgender activists and have found the majority to be poorly argued and unpersuasive. I’ve also read several books including Excluded by Julia Serano and Transgendered Voices by Lori B. Gerschick. Let nobody accuse me of not trying to understand.
A major headache I’ve had in writing for this website has been about language and choice of words. I don’t want to offend anyone, except for the violent males who claim to be women and the women who shield them, all of whom I hold in contempt. But I can’t please all the people whose feelings I care about. For this reason, I have decided to do what feels most comfortable to me and mostly use male-born/female-born trans or MtT and FtT (male to trans and female to trans) for those who usually describe themselves as ‘trans women’ and ‘trans men’ respectively. There is a glossary in the menu bar above.
Also, I sometimes refer to those trans people plus allies who are basically Men’s Rights Activists and enemies of women and progress and who behave in a cultish manner as the ‘trans cult’ or ‘trans cultists’, which are terms I have learned from certain trans folk I am happy and privileged to count as friends.
There is much more in the pipeline to add to this site and it will continue to be a work in progress for the foreseeable future. But I’ve decided it to launch it now as 2017 – which I will always think of as my year of peak trans – comes to a close.
Maria MacLachlan 27th December 2017