CHALLENGING TRANSGENDERISM FROM A FEMINIST PERSPECTIVE
THE LAST SEVEN DAYS
- Trans activists demand boycott The Boy in Striped Pyjamas novelist Mail 17.04.19
- Barry Humphries: Top comedy prize renamed after transgender row BBC Online 16.04.19
- John Boyne deletes Twitter account after his article on trans issues led to hostile backlash Irish Times 16.04.19
- Boys stormed a girls’ bathroom to ‘protest.’ A girl got expelled for fighting back, family says. Washington Post 15.04.19
- ACTION: Call on Abraham Lincoln High School to Honor the Rights of Female Students to Safety and Privacy Gender Critical Action Center 14.04.19
- Men who identify as women in Leeds can ‘change their gender’ with just a single phone call – without medical or legal proof Mail 14.04.19
- Conference cancelled amid speakers’ fears over fallout with transgender lobby Telegraph 13.04.19
- Lawmaker: Alaska student disciplined after she kneed boy in girls bathroom Ktuu 12.04.19
- Women’s Refuge Opens Doors to Male Transgender Who Threatened to Kill His Female Partner: Melissa (neé Mark) Addis Women Are Human 11.04.19
- Transgender booklet suspended in Warwickshire schools CoventryLive 11.04.19
- Transgender activist who won High Court battle to force Mumsnet to hand over details of user she says defamed her on the site now claims the information they have given her is ‘misleading’ Mail 11.04.19
LINKS TO LATEST FEATURES, BLOGS OR VIDEOS
- The birth of the transsexual empire Julie Bindel 16.04.19
- Blog: What “trans community”? Maria MacLachlan 16.04.19
- Hayden’s Demand Met and NUS Trans Is Back! Rose of Dawn 16.04.19
- Blog: A year ago I was instructed by District Judge Kenneth Grant to pretend my male assailant was a woman… Maria MacLachlan 14.04.19
- Video: JY – Pillars of the Community Rose of Dawn 14.04.19
- The transgender agenda could topple intersectionality Rod Liddle 13.04.19
- Video: The Shocking Medicalization of Gender Dysphoria Erin Brewer 13.04.19
- Parents with gender dysphoric kids are fighting back The Post Millenial 11.04.19
- Ignoring Differences Between Men and Women Is the Wrong Way to Address Gender Dysphoria Kathleen Stock 11.04.19
- Meet the Experts Training Police in the UK on Trans Issues Uncommon Ground 12.04.19
- Video: Doctor Exposes Transgender Propaganda Michael Laidlaw 11.04.19
Will your new Council listen to women?
Local council elections will be held all over England and Northern Ireland on 2 May. Brighton Resisters have written to all the candidates asking expressing concerns about services for women and girls in Brighton & Hove. See the letter here and consider doing the same if you are in place with elections looming.
Petition: Inquiry into alleged pressure by trans lobbyists on Tavistock Clinic’s treatment protocols
“Gender transition must not be fast tracked as complex issues such as abuse, autism, bereavement and homophobia can influence a child’s feelings. Those of us who are transsexual went through a more cautionary process of assessment and believe it vital to revive this treatment approach. The future health and welfare of any young child must take priority. Their individual psychiatric needs cannot be sacrificed to lobby groups with an ideological agenda.”
Click here to sign.
Lesbians at Ground Zero
From Get the L out 30.03.19
“Lesbians are routinely being coerced into sexual relations with transwomen. The report includes findings of a survey which shows lesbians are under huge pressure within GBT communities to accept without question that “transwoman are women.” Lesbians who responded to the survey reported a wide variety of sexual violence by transwomen, including sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape.”
Download the report and survey findings here.
Declaration on Women’s Sex-Based Rights
Launched in March 2019 ago, this document has been put together to counter any move by the UN to change sex to gender in UN Law. Read all about it here and please consider signing and helping to spread the word.
No amount of mockery seems enough for City of London police and Accenture
Last Thursday evening (21.03.19) a company of four women went to what was billed as an ‘inclusive event’ for Accenture International Transgender Day of Visibility. The sight of these women – believed to be lesbians – sitting quietly in the audience waiting for the event to start, was apparently very upsetting for panel members, who happened to include Susie Green of the atrocious Mermaids charity. Security staff tried to get them to leave and ended up calling police to physically remove them. Check out the Twitter thread and be very afraid of #Lesbiansonchairs.
Cambridge student stages silent protest
This is Jay Man, a student at Cambridge University, who has been dressing as a handmaid and staging silent protests in Cambridge. Follow Jay on Twitter.
Jay tweeted: “My message ‘acknowledging biological sex is NOT hate speech’ and the ‘woman:noun’ separate protest – described as ‘anti-transgender’, ‘discriminatory and unacceptable’, ‘disrespect’, and King’s students are ‘putting all our power into solving this issue’.”
This is the story she’s referring to: King’s College Council votes not to fly transgender flag Varsity 23.02.19
What do London’s National Gallery, Royal Opera House and BBC buildings have in common?
Find out here: There’s only one Posie Parker!
What’s this site about?
Like all decent people, I care about human suffering. I want to be compassionate, I want to challenge prejudice and fight discrimination against others, especially on grounds that they can’t help. That includes having gender dysphoria or other medical conditions that might lead one to reject the gender roles and expectations associated with their biological sex. People can’t help how they feel and if they are so unhappy with their body and their lives that they feel they have to have surgery and/or take hormones for the rest of their lives, I’m not going to judge them for that. On the contrary, I try to empathise and show love and support to those I know personally who are in that position.
But when such people lack the empathy to understand why a woman who’s been abused by a man doesn’t want to share a room in woman’s shelter or shower communally in a prison with somebody who has a penis, when they express classic sadistic male sexual fantasies to try to belittle and humiliate women, when they resort to bullying and violence to try to intimidate women who disagree with them – as they did with me at Speakers Corner – that’s when I start fighting back and this website I am creating is part of my personal fightback as well as a way of channeling my anger over what happened to me. For those who don’t understand the name of this website, ‘peak trans’ – a term originally coined by a radical feminist named Jane Crafts – is the moment when you realise that much of your sympathy and support for transgenderism has evaporated.
Mine came early in 2017. At that time I had bookmarked under the trans topic maybe twenty articles, comments and videos that had made some kind of impression on me. Now I have collected a few hundred more and they are getting unwieldy, so I decided to put the ones I found most interesting on a website as a resource for others.
On many pages, I have included some of my own thoughts, which reflect where my head is at now and which I will update as my ideas evolve and change or become consolidated.
Where I’m at now is that, in spite what many transgendered people seem to think about those of us who challenge their ideas, I categorically believe that transgendered people matter as much as everyone else and are entitled to the same human rights. I do not accept that those who “identify” as women are the same as those of us born female and should have free access to all sex-segregated spaces and sports. The same goes for those women who identify as men.
I completely reject the claim that those men who have raped or been violent in any other way towards women and those who joke about, promote or applaud violence against us for any reason are themselves women. That is what it’s all about as far as I am concerned. If it wasn’t for the hatred towards women standing up to trans ideology that I see displayed every day on social media, I wouldn’t see the trans agenda as dangerous and I wouldn’t be devoting any time at all to fighting it.
I have read many blogs and articles by transgender activists and have found the majority to be poorly argued and unpersuasive. I’ve also read several books including Excluded by Julia Serano and Transgendered Voices by Lori B. Gerschick. Let nobody accuse me of not trying to understand.
A major headache I’ve had in writing for this website has been about language and choice of words. I don’t want to offend anyone, except for the violent males who claim to be women and the women who shield them, all of whom I hold in contempt. But I can’t please all the people whose feelings I care about. For this reason, I have decided to do what feels most comfortable to me and mostly use male-born/female-born trans or MtT and FtT (male to trans and female to trans) for those who usually describe themselves as ‘trans women’ and ‘trans men’ respectively. There is a glossary in the menu bar above.
Also, I sometimes refer to those trans people plus allies who are basically Men’s Rights Activists and enemies of women and progress and who behave in a cultish manner as the ‘trans cult’ or ‘trans cultists’, which are terms I have learned from certain trans folk I am happy and privileged to count as friends.
There is much more in the pipeline to add to this site and it will continue to be a work in progress for the foreseeable future. But I’ve decided it to launch it now as 2017 – which I will always think of as my year of peak trans – comes to a close.
Maria MacLachlan 27th December 2017