This page is intended mainly for stories about inapproriate responses by British police to people who’ve been reported by trans activists for supposed “hate speech” online. A very small number of people are believed to be responsible for using this particular strategy in trying to silence those they disagree with but I – and many others – consider the behaviour of police in certain highly publicised recent cases to be unconscionable and one of the most sinister developments so far in the promotion of transgender ideology.
Below are the cases I know about at the moment and here is the blog I wrote to accompany this page: The Thought Police are coming.
Launched in May 2019, Fair Cop is a group of individuals who have come together over shared concerns about police attempts to criminalise people for expressing opinions that don’t contravene any laws. See their website. Support the crowdfunder.
Shocking behaviour by Humberside police officers against a man who’d committed no crime. Harry is himself a former police officer and now a philanthropic pillar of the community. The so-called ‘limerick’ he tweeted can be seen here.
Video: The Police Told Me to “Check My Thinking” for a Tweet Interview with Harry Miller by Triggernometry 12.01.20
Ex-officer in transgender tweet case says he received threats The Times 27.01.20
Ex-cop accused over hate limerick on Twitter speaks out Sunday Times 26.01.20
Is it now a crime to like a poem about transgenderism? James Kirkup 24.01.19
Man investigated by police for retweeting transgender limerick Telegraph 24.01.19
Police must not patrol trans discussion in schools Fair Cop 24.01.20
Who are the hate criminals? Rob Jessel 16.10.19
This Will Go on Your Permanent Record: DBS Mark For Causing Offence Uncommon Ground 06.11.19
Me v The Police: What’s in it for me? Harry Miller 12.05.19
Interview with Harry Miller Country Esquire Magazine 20.08.19
Police are criminalising opinions, say campaigners, The Sunday Times 12.05.19
Police used ‘violent’ transgender activist for equality training The Sunday Times 28.04.19
Meet the Experts Training Police in the UK on Trans Issues Uncommon Ground 12.04.19
West Yorkshire Police: Allies of Convenience Jo Bartosch 15.03.19
College of Policing guidelines on ‘transphobia’ challenged at the High Court
My fight against the police over ‘transphobic’ tweets Harry Miller 18.02.20
Hate speech policing is Orwellian, warns judge in trans tweets case The Times 15.02.20
We need more Harry Millers Spiked Online 14.02.20
Tweet-stream from inside the court on Day 1 of the hearing can be seen here.
An excellent witness statement from Kathleen Stock is here.
Tweets from Day 2 are available to read here.
Putting the thought police on trial Spiked Online 22.11.19
The police must rethink its Orwellian obsession with ‘transphobia’ Telegraph 21.11.19
Police transgender rules breach right to free speech, court told Guardian 20.11.19
Social media posts referred to police could show up on dbs background checks Telegraph 19.11.19
Stories about the absurd and ultimately unsuccessful attempt by Mermaids volunteer, Helen Islan, mother of a child she says is transgender, to get transsexual Miranda Yardley a criminal conviction. Investigated by West Yorkshire police, the case was thrown out by District Judge John Woolard, who said it should never have been brought.
- First person prosecuted for transgender hate crime says it is a waste of police time Telegraph 22.03.19
- Miranda Yardley, Transsexual, Prosecuted for ‘Transgender Hate Crime’ Miranda Yardley 14.03.19
- A collapsed case shows the perils of policing ‘transphobia’ Debbie Hayton 12.03.19
- Statement by Miranda’s lawyers: Gudrun Young Secures No Case to Answer in Controversial First Prosecution for ‘Transgender Hate Crime’ 04.03.19
- Regina v Miranda Yardley: More DARVO from Helen Islan Miranda Yardley 03.03.19
- Britain’s first transgender hate crime trial is halted after one day as judge says ‘there is no case and never was a case’, clearing woman , 51, who was accused of harassing an activist online Mail 02.03.19
- Video: Thoughts after Kate Scottow’s trial Maria MacLachlan 18.02.20
- I stand with Kate Scottow Kim Thomas in The Spectator 14.02.20
- Kate Scottow convicted of sending offensive tweets as free speech campaigners protest outside court Mail 14.02.20
- Kate Scottow accused of calling a Stephanie Hayden a man and a racist in offensive tweets tells court she is ‘playing the victim card to stop people disagreeing with her’ Mail 07.02.20
- Kate Scottow appears in court accused of calling Stephanie Hayden a ‘pig in a wig’ among series of Tweets Mail 06.02.20
- Kate Scottow pleads not guilty to charge under Communications Act, trial set for 2020 Joani Walsh
- Mother arrested in front of her children for calling a trans woman a man on Twitter is charged with trolling Mail 01.09.19
- Mother, 38, is arrested in front of her children and locked in a cell for seven HOURS after calling a transgender woman a man on Twitter Mail 09.02.19
Another target of Stephanie Hayden, who has now withdrawn the complaint against Graham.
- ‘I’m not transphobic and I never have been,’ says Father Ted’s Graham Linehan Independent.ie 07.04.19
- Transgender lawyer launches UK’s first ‘deadnaming’ case against Father Ted writer Graham Linehan Telegraph 07.10.19
- Father Ted writer Graham Linehan warned by police after ‘trolling’ transgender activist Sunday Times 07.10.18
- Father Ted writer Graham Linehan says the trans activist Stephanie Hayden is dangerous troll Times 29.08.18
It wasn’t the best idea to complain about a journalist. The complaint by Susie Green, CEO of Mermaids charity, was to Surrey police but it has now been withdrawn.
- This is beyond satire, Woke Britain. Look out or you’ll render me obsolete Rod Liddle in The Times 24.03.19
- Hounded by the thought police: How hate crime officers came knocking at the door of a devout Catholic Mail 23.03.19
- Second woman is investigated by police over transphobic comments Telegraph 21.03.19
- The journalist investigated by police for ‘using the wrong pronouns’ James Kirkup 20.03.19
- Devout Catholic ‘who used wrong pronoun to describe transgender girl’ to be interviewed by police Telegraph 19.03.19
- UK police investigate transgender pronoun complaints, raising free speech concerns Caroline Farrow 11.02.19
Kellie-Jay Keen Minshull
Kellie-Jay, who campaigns under the name ‘Posie Parker’, was a test case for West Yorkshire Police early in 2018, after being reported by Susie Green of Mermaids. That first case was eventually dropped by police. Kellie-Jay is now the target of a second complaint by Green. This one’s being investigated by Wiltshire police. Update: 13.05.19 It turns out Susie Green withdrew the second complaint in March but the police didn’t Kellie-Jay until the middle of May and they are not going to pursue the case because they’ve run out of time. Here is a video Kellie-Jay made breaking the news: https://www.facebook.com/theposieparker/videos/2525787707541194/
- Second woman is investigated by police over transphobic comments Telegraph 20.03.19
- Interviewed under caution: Does Free Speech exist? The Posie Parker
Incredible ham-fistedness by Suffolk police but at least they realised fairly quickly they’d got it wrong and apologised.
- My 15 minutes of fame, and what it was about Margaret Nelson 27.03.19
- Apology for blogger whose gender comments led to call from police Ipswich Star
- This PC policing has got to stop Spiked online 06.02.19
- Why are the police stopping a 74-year-old tweeting about transgenderism? James Kirkup 05.02.19
- Good morning, this is the police Butterflies & Wheels 04.02.19
No words can describe how ridiculous this one was. Stephanie Hayden again.
- Transgender lawyer calls police on transexual solicitor for harassment Roll on Friday 28.10.18
Linda was reported to police by Giuliana Kendal after Linda said at a meeting in York in November 2017 that she would defend herself against violent trans activists. North Yorkshire police interviewed her under caution and decided not to proceed with the case, so Kendal took out a private prosecution against both Linda and Venice Allan, which was eventually thrown out. The full story appears on this page of this site and I’m only mentioning it here as an illustration of how far trans activist bullies might be prepared to go when the police won’t do their bidding.
The person behind many of the complaints
Trans activist Stephanie Hayden has a penchant for reporting to the police people who say things he finds disagreeable while saying vile things about other people. Entitled much?
- An open letter to Stephanie Hayden and anyone else who wants to call me hateful Sarah Phillimore 15.02.20
- Judge stops transgender Twitter row BBC 02.05.19
- Hayden’s Demand Met and NUS Trans Is Back! Rose of Dawn 16.04.19
- Transgender activist who won High Court battle to force Mumsnet to hand over details of user she says defamed her on the site now claims the information they have given her is ‘misleading’ Mail 11.04.19
- Mumsnet ordered to reveal name of user in trans row The Times 10.04.19
- Video: Hayden, Oger, McKinnon: The Three TrAmigos – Trans-Stupid 02.04.19
- Disbelievers with Job Loss & Lawsuits Women are Human 10.12.18
- Thread on Kiwi Farms forum
- Transgender lawyer suing Graham Linehan was convicted of threatening a man with a golf club Roll On Friday 22.11.18
Hayden’s complaint against Spectator is rejected
This is the article complained of by Stephanie Hayden: I stand with Kate Scottow Spectator 14.02.20
And here is the unsurprising IPSO Ruling
Police officers are afraid to speak out
I don’t know the source of this or where it was originally posted. I spotted it on Twitter and it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It sounds exactly the same as what’s happening in the Prison Service.
Other police stories
Police are too busy chasing PC causes to fight real crime The Times 18.02.20
Police forces let rapists record their gender as female The Sunday Times 20.10.19
Meet the top cop who wants to police your pronouns James Kirkup 16.10.19
A ‘transphobic’ crime wave has hit Oxford James Kirkup 14.10.19
Police response to ‘transphobic’ stickers branded ‘extraordinary’ Telegraph 14.10.19
Recording of a conversation exposing West Yorkshire police Kat Sez 26.05.19
Police Scotland criticised over allowing suspects to self-identify gender The Scotsman 03.06.19